Tis the season! Now that Halloween is over, and with the holidays fast approaching, we have lots of festive cocktails and beverages in our future. But we don’t want to end up looking like snowmen at the end of the season, so it’s best to know what we’re sipping in those delicious holiday drinks. Here are the calorie counts of some of our beloved holiday beverages.
- Eggnog - calorie count: 340-435. Is it really the holidays if you don’t sip a glass of eggnog? It’s a seasonal favorite, but with upwards of 400 calories and anywhere from 20 to 30 grams of fat, maybe capping it at one glass is best.
- Peppermint Mocha - calorie count: 240–540. That sweet chocolate and mint combo is tasty, but a grande Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks has 18 grams of fat and 68 grams of sugar!
- Hot Buttered Rum - calorie count: 220–350. With ingredients like brown sugar and butter, you know it’s going to be indulgent.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte - calorie count: 210–470. These seasonal favorites are made differently depending where you get them, but a grande PSL from Starbucks with whipped cream and 2% milk packs 380 calories and 50 grams of sugar.
- Hot Cocoa - calorie count: 170–420. When you need to warm up after walking in a winter wonderland, hot chocolate can be the perfect fix, but all the sugar, whipped cream, and marshmallows add up quick.
Read more --> Delish
Photo Credit: Getty Images