While some baby names will always be popular, every year parents attempt to find new inspiration when it comes to naming their tots, and the website Nameberry believes they know what types of names will be hot for 2019.
The site has come out with a list of the hottest trends in baby names for the New Year, and some of them may just leave you shaking your heads.
Baby naming trends for 2019 include:
- Global Names –People are looking for original choices with deep roots and diverse origins, like Acacius, Cyrene, Jedda, Niabi, Walken and more.
- Nonbinary Names – More parents want to raise their kids free of gender stereotypes, so they pick gender neutral names like Campbell, Finley, Journey, Laken, Story or Royal.
- East – Names inspired by Eastern religions and non-European mythology are gaining popularity, including Asherah, Bodhi, Lakshmi, Raiden and Zen.
- Muted Hues – Naming kids after colors is still popular, but parents aren’t necessarily looking for bright colors. Instead they are going for things like Ash, Gray/Grey, Lavender, Mauve and Ivory.
- Rare Gems – Like Emerald, Garnet, Onyx, Peridot and Sapphire.
- Old-school Nickname Names for Boys – Like Billy, Ace, Buddy, Jimmy, Johnny and more.
- The Letter “F” – More people are picking names that start with “F,” including Faye, Felix, Fern, Frankie, and Frost.
- Three Letters – Names with just three letters seem to be the trendiest, like Hal, Liv, Rio and Van.
- Animalia – People will continue to name kids after animals, including Hawk, Bear, Falcon, and Tiger.
- Celebrity Surnames – Celebs are still influencing names, with the site seeing a trend in picking last names of celebs for kids, like Beckham, Jolie, Lennon and Bowie.
- The Vowel “U” – Expect a lot of names featuring the vowel “U” including Eulalie, Hugo, Jude and True.
- Em-Names – Including Emory, Emerson, Emily, Emma, Emmett and more.
Read more --> Today
Photo Credit: Getty Images