Yesterday was International Coffee Day, and there's a good chance you celebrated with a trip to Starbucks. But if you’re one of those people who can’t go a day without your Starbucks fix, your wallet may be suffering because all those coffee drinks can certainly add up.
But thanks to Buzzfeed we now know some sneaky ways to save money during a Starbucks visit, and while your barista may hate you for them, your bank account will be thanking you.
Ways to save money at Starbucks include:
- Order up: If you're getting coffee, get a size up so you don't have to pour any out to make room for milk or cream.
- Stop paying for a new cup of coffee after you finish the first — as long as you stay in store, you can get a refill for 50 cents!
- Instead of ordering an iced latte, get a triple espresso over ice in a venti cup. You can add milk on your own and you'll save $2.
- Instead of ordering a chai latte, get a hot chai tea and ask them to add hot milk. A chai latte will cost you easily over $4 while tea bags are less than $2.
- Save 10 cents each visit by bringing in a reusable plastic cup when ordering — if you drink a cup of coffee a day, you'll save $36 a year.
- Sign up for Starbucks Rewards and pay with the app to receive free and discounted drinks and food.
- Do not pay for water! The tap water in the store is filtered, and you can get a free cup of water if you ask the barista.
- If you and your friend both want hot tea, order a venti, which comes with two teabags, and ask for a separate cup of hot water.
- When ordering iced drinks, ask for no ice — you'll get more beverage and it'll still be cold.
- Check places like Groupon where you can occasionally get $10 Starbucks gift cards for only $5.
Read more --> Buzzfeed
Photo Credit: Getty Images