BuzzFeed asked its readers to dish on their worst Tinder dates. Here are 10 that will make you want to steer clear of hookup apps in the near future (for the full list, check out the link):
- "Not only was the guy I met up with not the person in his pictures, he told me I looked different than what he expected, and offered me gas money to leave."
- "I met up with my Tinder date at a coffee shop. I ordered a latte, while he ordered a coffee and six appetizers. When he got the last plate, he offered me some, but I declined. When the check came he asked to split the bill and I assumed he was joking. I didn't eat his food and the check was over $100. When I realized that he was dead serious, I told him that I wasn't splitting the bill because I hadn't eaten anything of his. He then said, 'So? That was your decision.' I put down $10 and left."
- "Matched with a guy and we talked for a bit before agreeing to meet for drinks. Day of, he showed up late, then couldn't find me (after walking by me twice). He finally sat down, and as we ordered drinks, he started flirting with the waitress. Halfway through the first drink he announced that he didn't think we had any 'chemistry.' I chugged the rest of my drink and wished him luck with the waitress. He smirked and said that he thought he had a shot with her."
- "I went on a date with this guy I'd met on Tinder who seemed pretty nice. We met up at a park, and when I saw him I noticed that he was carrying this really big backpack. At the end of the date, I asked him about it. He told me that it was a secret but that he'd show me anyway. We hid behind this tree and he opened the bag to reveal what seemed like hundreds of really creepy stuffed monkey animals! I was horrified, especially when he said, 'They all sleep in my bed. Every night. Just like you can.' What's even worse is that sometimes I'll still see him at the park with that giant backpack!"
- "He showed up dressed like Superman (white button-up over a blue Superman t-shirt, Clark Kent hair, glasses) and took me out to sushi...though I told him several times that I was a vegetarian. At dinner, he spilled sake all over me. He also pulled out his digital camera to show me photos of the trip to Europe he had taken with his mother five years ago. And then, while he was driving me home, he told me his goal was to have a relationship like Leo and Kate in Titanic."
- "I matched with this really cute guy who happened to live a couple of blocks away from me. We met up at his house and he began acting strange. Turns out that he had online-stalked me and found out that he'd been on a Tinder date with a friend of mine a couple weeks ago. The whole night he talked about their date and how it had gone so well. I guess she ghosted him because he asked me to tell her to text him back. He texted me the next day asking if I had talked to her yet. She now has him blocked on all social media."
- "This guy and I decided to hang out, and he asked me to pick him up because he didn't have a car (that should have been my first clue). I went to pick him up, and the first thing he did when he got in the car was pat my belly and say, 'A little too much beer, yeah? You're gonna have to lose that if we date.' I kicked him out and got ice cream."
- "I met a girl downtown at a bar before we were supposed to go to a show. She found a bachelorette party and joined in on the fun. I went to the bathroom and when I returned five minutes later, she couldn't stand up. She was so drunk we skipped the show and I ended up having to take her back to my place because I didn't know where she lived. She slept in my bed while I slept on the cold, wooden floor in the middle of winter. She texted me the next day asking for a second date."
- "We went to the movies and he talked through the previews, telling me about special effects. I told him that I studied film, and he cut me off by saying, 'Film classes are just a joke anyway.' Fifteen minutes into the movie, and he was trying to get his hand down my shirt. I told him to stop, and he left to get popcorn. When he came back he sat as far away from me as possible. After the movie he followed me to my car and wanted me to give him a ride home because he had taken an Uber. But there was no Uber in my small town! I said goodbye and sped off."
- "The whole date he kept putting his hand over mine and cutting me off to say, 'You're so pretty!' He asked me to stand and turn for him, and told me to not talk politics. When I asked what his plans were for the rest of the week, he said he'd be introducing me to his family, and maybe looking for a place to live together. I dodged the goodnight kiss, and got very emotional texts from him for weeks after."
MORE via BUZZFEED