There are a lot of bad things happening in the world right now. However, there are also some wonderful things to be grateful for. Here are 10 of them (check out BuzzFeed's full list at the link):
- The voice actor who plays Winnie The Pooh calls sick children and chats to them in character.
- There are "frog fences" in Germany that prevent the frogs from crossing the road and getting hit by cars.
- Billy Joel never sells front row seats, instead he gives them away for free to fans who can't afford them.
- In 2005, Swedish millionaire Johan Eliasch bought 400,000 acres of Brazilian rainforest from a logging company so that he could preserve it.
- There are biker gangs who help child abuse victims feel safe by escorting them to court.
- In 1984, a man asked his waitress to help him choose lottery numbers. He won, and tipped her $3 million.
- The Italian government gives all 18-year-olds a €500 "culture bonus" to spend on trips to the theater, museums, buying books, etc.
- A kid from Seattle has befriended a group of crows, who bring him "gifts" like shiny paper clips and buttons.
- Swedish blood donors receive a text whenever their blood is used to help someone.
- German law prohibits killing animals for no "proper" reason, so their shelters are all no-kill.
READ MORE HERE: BUZZFEED