The New Year is a time for new beginnings. But 2019 is also a year of ENDINGS. Here are all the movie and TV finales coming your way in the next 365 days:
1. The "Star Wars" Skywalker Saga. "Star Wars 9" finally brings to an end the family drama that has stretched over three trilogies and 42 years. Don't expect it to be the end of the "Star Wars" universe, though.
2. "Game of Thrones". The eighth and final season kicks off in April. But don't worry...Spin-offs are coming.
3. The Marvel Cinematic Universe as we know it. "Avengers: Endgame" hits theaters on April 26th...after which many of the main characters that have defined the MCU will be retired or de-emphasized in favor of new blood.
4. "The Big Bang Theory". Sorry, Jim Parsons just doesn't want to do it anymore. In a recent interview, he said, quote, "It feels like we've chewed all the meat off this bone." Not gonna lie, I kind of agree.
5. "Gotham". I'll never understand how it took five seasons to tell the story of how Batman came to be. I've seen guys do it in ONE MOVIE. But whatever...the tale is finally told this year.
6. "It". This one's kind of a cheat, since it was always meant to be a two-part saga. But still, Part 2 does end the story. Unless Hollywood gets greedy and tries to force a sequel where it totally doesn't belong. But that never happens, right?
7. "Mr. Robot". The fourth and final season airs sometime this year.
8. "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". The third and final season hit Netflix on the first of the year.
Check out a few more here.
Photo Credit: Getty Images