We can’t meet our friends for a drink or at spin class right now, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun together. We just have to be more creative and think of things we can enjoy with each other from a safe, remote distance. You may have already grabbed a glass of wine and had a virtual happy hour with your BFFs, but here are some other ways to hang out while staying at-home.
- Hold a cooking competition- Organize a “Chopped”-style cook-off where you pick four pantry ingredients and all start cooking over FaceTime. You can’t taste each other’s creations, but you can judge on presentation and creativity.
- Have a virtual sweat sesh together- Missing your workout classes? Keep each other motivated and stay connected by doing at-home exercises together on a video call.
- Do a group crossword puzzle- Use Skype or text to complete a crossword with your besties.
- Throw a Netflix Party- You don’t have to miss movie nights with your friends thanks to this Chrome extension that synchronizes playback and adds group chat to your Netflix favorites.
- Play party games- Fans of trivia games will like Jackbox.tv that lets you play with your pals while you’re apart.
- Start a book club- You can still read, have social time, drink wine and discuss the book, you just do it virtually, which means friends from anywhere can join in the fun.
- Take an online class together- Sites like Brit + Co are offering free classes like watercolor painting and digital illustration, so you can get creative during virtual happy hour.
- Dress up in a “QuaranTHEME” of the day- Have some fun recreating those theme days from school or camp by dressing up in the quarantine theme of the day and sharing photos of your looks with your friends. Some suggestions include: Bed Sheet Met Gala, Wig/Wacky Hair Wednesday, and All Dressed Up With Nowhere to Go.
Read more --> Cosmo
Photo Credit: Getty Images