A local real estate agent was saved by a Cicero Taco Bell employee from choking to death. Sarah Pelligrini was eating lunch in her car when she began choking. She pulled into the closest place she could for help: the Taco Bell on Brewerton Road. Melina Vice, a longtime employee, took immediate action as she had learned the Heimlich maneuver years ago, and saved the mother of an 8 year old.
They reunited and CNY Central was there...
Read more about this story here: CNY Central
Also, how many people know the Heimlich maneuver these days? I have to admit, while I get the principal, I haven't gone through any type for training for some time. This motivates me to get trained in first aid. I've always wanted to to but never made the time. i think maybe now it is. the more people who are trained the safer everyone will be.